Blogger Ref Link http://www.p2pfoundation.net/Transfinancial_Economics
Click for ordering information
Think Like a Freak, the newest book from authors Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner, is scheduled for release in March 2014.
SuperFreakonomics, the highly anticipated sequel to the best-selling Freakonomics, was released on October 20, 2009. Steven Levitt, professor of economics at the University of Chicago, and author Stephen Dubner have again teamed together to apply economic reasoning to a wide range of real-world questions. As with the original Freakonomics, SuperFreakonomics is largely based upon the research of Professor Levitt, who has tackled problems inside and outside the field of economics.
288 pages, William Morrow, ISBN 0060889578, ISBN-13 978-0060889579
International visitors (outside the United States): click here
- Introduction: Putting the Freak in Economics
- Chapter 1: How is a street prostitute like a department-store Santa?
- Chapter 2: Why should suicide bombers buy life insurance?
- Chapter 3: Unbelievable stories about apathy and altruism
- Chapter 4: The fix is in---and it's cheap and simple
- Chapter 5: What do Al Gore and Mount Pinatubo have in common?
- SuperFreakonomics student study guides
- SuperFreakonomics chapter excerpts
- Archive of Freakonomics New York Times articles
- The Freakonomics blog at the New York Times (a link to the RSS feed)
- Blog entry from Prof. Levitt: "What bothers people about SuperFreakonomics?"
- Freakonomics movie (documentary)
- Freakonomics Radio podcasts
- A preview of SuperFreakonomics from HarperCollins Publishers (also, the Google preview of Freakonomics)
- Information about Professor Levitt
- Video and audio links
- C-SPAN BookTV "After Words with Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner" (10/26/2009)
- Professor Levitt on the Daily Show (10/27/2009)
- Interview with Steve Levitt and Stephen Dubner at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco, CA (11/4/2009)
- Time.com interview with Professor Levitt
- Stephen Dubner video on Good Morning America (10/23/2009)
- Stephen Dubner video on TheStreet.com (10/24/2009)
- A video of a 2004 lecture given by Professor Levitt at TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) on crack economics and a 2005 lecture at TED on carseats
- Video of a lecture at University of Pennsylvania by Professor Levitt
- 2005 Charlie Rose interview with Levitt and Dubner
- NPR interview with Professor Levitt (10/17/2009)
- 20/20 (ABC News) story about the prostitution chapter (Chapter 1)
- Stephen Dubner's website and wikipedia profile
- SuperFreakonomics teaching materials (for professors)
- Perform a textbook price comparison or do an ISBN number search for SuperFreakonomics.
- Links related to the controversy surrounding the climate-change chapter (Chapter 5)
- An excerpt from the chapter (through ABC News)
- Climate Progress article: "Error-riddled 'Superfreakonomics'"
- Other on-line critiques and discussions of the climate-change chapter: Huffington Post, Union of Concerned Scientists, Paul Krugman's blog, ScienceBlogs, Mother Jones, guardian.co.uk, Stand-Up Economist, Reuters blog, Business Insider, RealClimate, grist.org, Washington Post, Core Economics, Time
- The blog response from the authors of SuperFreakonomics
- The home page of Intellectual Ventures, the company discussed at length in the climate-change chapter
- Review of SuperFreakonomics by Bill Gates (Feb. 2010)
- Review of SuperFreakonomics at Barnes & Noble